Who we are?
The Christian Women Entrepreneurs’ Network in Africa (CWENA)
CHRISTIAN WOMEN EMPOWERMENT IN ACTION
CWENA is an organisation for women by women. The heart of this ministry is to serve the women of Africa by encouraging, equipping and facilitating the realization of their entrepreneurial dreams and goals. We are aware of the many challenges that African women face in life but we believe in the power of networks. We believe that when women flourish, their communities will flourish too. Women are primary caregivers and we believe that by caring for them, one is caring for society as well. CWENA commits itself to the economic empowerment of women in Africa.
CWENA is established to inspire, motivate, network, empower and support women to start and develop sustainable businesses and organizations.
- To run effective entrepreneurship training and empowerment programs for women from all walks of life to start and run sustainable businesses and organisations.
- To facilitate knowledge enhancement so as to build competency and confidence in entrepreneurship.
- To create supportive platforms and offer network systems for Christian women across Africa to open up business opportunities and encourage growth.
- To run Christian based inspirational programmes to motivate women to achieve their God given potential and create value in their communities, countries and continent at large.
CWENA subscribes to the following values:
- Christian ethos
- Community service and development
Since 2013 CWENA has representatives from many African countries such as South Africa, Cameroon, Kenya, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, DRC, Uganda, Nigeria, Rwanda, Lesotho, Gabon, just to name but a few. These representatives are equipped and encouraged to reach out to their respective communities and countries.